What You Need to Know About HIV:
- The Basics on HIV Infection and AIDS
- Staying HIV Negative
- Living With HIV/AIDS: Staying Healthy, Protecting Others
- HIV Transmission: Questions and Answers
- Additional Information If You Tested Positive
- Who should be tested for STDs?
- Should I get an HIV test?
- How long after a possible exposure should I wait to get tested for HIV?
- How do HIV tests work?
- What are the different HIV screening tests available in the United States?
- If I test HIV negative, does that mean that my sex partner is HIV negative also?
Most doctors do not automatically test for chlamydia or other STDs during a yearly check-up, or when doing a routine pelvic exam or Pap test.